Thursday, April 25, 2013

Introduction

My name is Rachel Brown and I am planning to hike the PCT southbound this year. Spending time in the outdoors has always been a part of my life, and over the last several years my love of hiking and climbing has grown exponentially. On day hikes and short backpacking trips, I am always trying to savor each moment in the mountains, and I am never ready to go home. And now I have been given the opportunity to spend several months hiking from Canada to Mexico!
I first learned about the Pacific Crest Trail from my long-time friend and now boyfriend Ben, who thru-hiked the PCT northbound in 2008. I followed his journey from home, which was very inspirational! And this year, I hope to turn my dream of hiking the trail into a reality.
I hope that this blog will give me a space to share the joys and challenges of preparing for and hiking the trail. I look forward to being able to share our journey with family and friends.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Rach! What a great adventure awaits you! I hope to hike a section with you but this blog will allow me to hike "with you" all the way. I love you infinity!! From Mom (on Uncle Tucker's computer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a second comment, now signed in from my account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun having your mom over for Pizza, Cupcakes and Apples to Apples!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great day, looking forward to learning more.
    Love Nona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to follow your blog as you're the only SoBo hiker I'm following. That will be cool to see it hiked in that direction and how that mixes it up. Have a great time

    GoalTech (Portland SoBo section hiker doing Oregon first)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. When will you be starting your hike?

      Delete